Why We Love Encinitas
You will not find many coastal towns anywhere in the country that are quite like Encinitas CA. This is a place where surfers from around the world have found refuge for decades. Residents and tourists alike tend to flock to the coast at all times of the year. The weather really is that wonderful, and there is a mellow attitude that seems to permeate everyday life no matter where you go. Some people are fortunate enough to be able to work here, while others make it a regular stop on their annual vacation.
Where Is Encinitas Located?
One of the features that many people love about this town is that it gets you away from the big city of Los Angeles. Drive south from downtown about two hours, and you find yourself in an oasis of sand and hills that has become quite a quaint little town. This puts it only a half-hour from San Diego. Within a 25-mile radius of Encinitas CA are other beach towns such as Solana Beach, Del Mar, Leucadia, Carlsbad, and Oceanside.
There Is Plenty to See and Do in Encinitas California
This is a coastal town known for its surfing spots. Many people will come to the area to catch the waves, which are particularly profound during the spring months. If surfing is not your thing, you can try your hand at boogie boarding or just sit in the sand and watch others ride. Now this is not the only reason so many people are attracted to Encinitas. Given the brilliant weather and sunshine that greets you more than 300 days a year, there is plenty to do all over town. Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Hit the Taco Stand – If you crave local cuisine, you will want to stop by this place. It’s right on the beach and is popular with locals and visitors.
- Head To the Meditation Gardens – This an area built into a bluff that provides you with tremendous views of the surrounding coast. You can just sit by yourself here for hours and meditate, after which you can visit the waterfalls and koi ponds.
- Visit the Farmer’s Market – This is held every Sunday at a local elementary school. You will be able to buy local produce and see a sampling of the work created by area artisans.
- Have a Drink at Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens – Here is a massive outdoor beer garden. We are talking about more than an acre, so a lot of beer drinkers can fit in here. It makes for a wonderful day out in the midst of a beautiful garden.
- Hike or Bike the San Elijo Lagoon – This is a series of trails nestled right alongside the Pacific Coast. You will enjoy more than 7 miles of natural surroundings as you keep yourself in shape.
Encinitas California is a town where everyone can feel welcome. Young and old alike will find something enjoyable to do here. With such a diverse history and culture, you can’t help but fall in love with it.
Want the full market report for Encinitas?
We want to ensure that you have all the information needed to make the best decisions when it comes to your home goals. When you enter your info below you will get instant access to the area's latest market report, complete with sales and demographic trends.
Schools In The Area
Local News & Advice
Read helpful resources and articles related to the area.
San Diego Real Estate - June 2023
Hey there, folks! I'm here to give you the lowdown on the current state of the housing market …
San Diego Real Estate Update - May 2023
Hey guys! I'm back at it with the latest San Diego real estate update. I want to keep …
San Diego Real Estate Q1 Recap
Hey there, San Diego! It's your favorite realtor, and I'm back with some juicy updates about the San …
View our selection of available properties in Encinitas.